Sunday, February 13, 2011

DIY Engagement Ceremony - Part III: The Gift Boxes

I love repetitive geometrical patterns (and by now you should be tired reading that haha). I'm so into Islamic Arts right now, and been reading on the fascinating geometric patterns in Islamic Designs - the beauty of geometric ornamentation in stressing the importance of unity and order.

I've decided to do something that is not too complicated, and ended up on this design. :) Bought the box at D' Nata, Tropicana City Mall, Petaling Jaya (during Christmas sale!).


And these biscuit boxes carry the same design as well. You can find the plastic boxes at any bakery shops. I found mine at Bagus Baking Solutions at Section 13, Shah Alam. That's the nearest to my place anyway.

We used three different types of biscuits - all are store-bought: Almond Biscotti, Raspberry Viennese and Chocolate Chip Cookies. (The Biscotti was superb and dad's favourite- bought them at Chocolat World.).  I used my reliable CS2 Photoshop to create the simple tags (yeah, need to upgrade the CS soon haha), and cut them using EK Success Circle Scissor Plus (love the toy!). Enjoy! :)

Up next: The favours! :P

4 comments:

  1. wah...cantik ler sis... kagum²..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy, nice gift idea!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Miyyah...I love the design.... so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u r a genius Miyyah... love yr work... so so neat and stunning... beautiful!!! cant take my eyes off dat butterfly too... gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails