Monday, July 19, 2010

Malaysian Street Burgers

I love Malaysian street burgers. Funny how we always found them sold in front of 7-Elevens. I don't know who started the culture of burger-sellings outside 7-Es in Malaysia, but it's one cute little culture I could live with. It's way cheaper than those nicely wrapped burgers of KFC and McD, and taste way better LOL.

So what's your favourite street burgers?
 
Mine would always be Burger Daging Special with extra mayo (Special Beef Burger with Extra Mayonnaise). The best thing about Burger Daging Special that I love most is the fact that it's so full of everything and I can ensure that the drippings of the mixture of mayonnaise and sauces would leave you licking your fingers couple of times. Haha. The beef is grilled with some mixture of sweet sauces (at my fav burger stall, it's a mixture of sweet sauces and black pepper), and I love mine to be wrapped in omelet with drips of sauces as well. A mixture of sliced cucumbers and tomatoes and some salad, with extra mayonnaise on top would be heavenly. Owh, and of course, add some ketchup, spicy chili and black pepper sauce to complete the set. My favourite part? to squeeze everything together and take one mouthful bite. I simply LOVE that first bite. I always have a plate to support all the drippings of sauces and mayonnaise. Hehe. It's simple the sloppiest and messiest burger ever, but with a taste of heaven.

This was another one of my very first altered art- in the form of a frame. This altered frame has already aged more than 10 years, but funnily enough, the design remains without any indication it might scramble off anytime soon LOL. And guess what, those pink and white strings were actually made out of some cheap paper serviettes that were always used to wrap those street burgers. Yes, it's true!



I bought the frame at IKEA sometime in 1999,  and altered the frame to decorate my room at the university. Since those were the days where the sources were very limited, I took a bunch-ful of free plain paper serviettes at a burger stall inside the college's cafeteria and decided to use them on the frame heh. I cut them in wide strips, and rolled and twisted them one by one before securing them with a bit of paper glue, and they technically turned out to look like those of strings. I glued everything on the frame using paper glue, which surprisingly very strong since it lasted longer than expected (more than10 years!).

The frame is all dusty now and I've carefully stored it together with other altered dusty frames that I made before. The thought of re-altering them again did occur, but then, I'd still prefer to just leave them be the way they are for the sake of good memories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails