Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Japanese book binding

I watched some tutorials online and thought I found the simplest way to bind a book. I'm in love with Japanese book binding and hence, the try:



These were made using scrapbits from previous projects, and I happened to have few meters of paper strings left, so I thought of giving it a go. The stitching part was the hardest, since I was too lazy to dig up my sewing box (gathering dust under the bed ha!), so I stitched the pages without using any needle. Oh yes I did. *bangs head on the wall*. On some 1/8" round holes. Stupid decision, I know, but still do-able. :P



It was a mess cutting and slicing the papers, so they ended up with some uneven pages.



I like the hard cover of my first book though, and the wrapper was actually one of my favs.



The second try was much better, but I wasn't really fond with my colour choice for the hard cover. I messed up again when I tried mod-podging the cover (need to get used to this mod-podging business!), so it came out with all the bubbles, scattered and uneven, and it didn't look very nice. :( I tried covering it up with the E alpha, but it only solved half the problem.



Remind me to find more coloured strings for the bindings, and I'll give it a try again, with much better colour coordinations. And with much better design. And sizes. Or perhaps I should use ribbons too.



The front cover looked so bare so I used the alphas that I made before to decorate on them. At least now they looked decent enough heh!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent information you have shared, thanks for taking the time to share with us such a great article. I really appreciate your work. sims 4 news 's newest expansion, Realm of Magic, brings a lot to the game, including a new occult Sim, a magical realm with a Hogwarts style ...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails